Diphu is the headquarters of Karbi Anglong district in the state of Assam in India. Diphu which literally means “white water” in Dimasa language was an important city of the Dimasa Kingdom during the medieval time which went into the British hand after the demise of Sengya Tularam Hasnu in 1854, after which it was declared a ‘Scheduled District’ constituted in 1874. This small town is a popular tourist hill station for people of nearby cities. As of 2011 had a population of 65000.
[table id=3 hide_columns=”6,7,8,12″ filter=”Diphu” responsive=”tablet” /]